Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Total Backtracking This Past Year


Well this past year has been a revisting of things past for me. First going back to school and finishing my degree in Photographic Fine Art and now electronic music. It's been twenty years since I've touched one. I've always regretted getting rid of my equipment when I first went away to school (needed the money). I've told myself that someday I would get back into it, but someday never came, until recently. It all started with some fussing around with GarageBand on my baby's G4. I did some playing around and made up my mind. So much has changed and progressed. I've just ordered an Alesis Fusion 6HD Workstation. If anyone remembers the old Fairlight CMI's that were hovering around 30 to 60 grand back in the mid 80's, this is kind of like that to a degree, only much much much less expensive. It ain't quite a Korg Triton, but it's a start. It's heavy on the synthesis side and that's what I'm looking for. Also it's an open ended system with hopefully continous upgraded as time goes on. Anywho, where I'm going with this "new" revisit remains to be seen. I've got an incredible learning curve to hurdle :).

No comments: