Thursday, January 07, 2010

Release of, The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter (A. Fasolo Remix)

So all day I've got an old Carpenter's tune running about my head and it won't stop...  Help!

I've uploaded and released both my version of the German pop group New Concept's, The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter and their reinterpretation of my release, Dreamer's Guardian today.  I had a lot of fun doing this for them and I am in total awe of what they did with Dreamer's Guardian.  They rocked out with it and I couldn't have asked for anything better!  Both of these songs are available to listen to through my Facebook, Myspace and through www.AnthonyFasolo.com.

My version is quite a bit different from the original as I chose purposely to not listen more than once to their original.  I didn't want to be swayed or overly inspired by it.  I wanted to simply take their vocal tracks which they provided and build and alternate melody and feel to the arrangement.  There is nothing uniquely new to this approach, but it was important for me.

One thing that I knew was that I was not going to be making a standard remix as is, dance, techno what have you.  There is a lot of this already and I don't believe that was was they were looking for as they had asked me to do it because they liked my style and sound.  So far, my sound is anything but dance and techno.  So I stayed true to my own ear and even tried to incorporate some elements of their 80's pop influence into it as well.  I handled my sound creation and arrangements much the same way I imagined it would have been done during the later 80's while not letting it become overtly 80'sish. 

This remix was a bit of a beast at first.  I had somehow managed to create almost forty tracks!  But so it is in the beginning.  So many ideas, but many have to be cut away or else it's too much.  In the end it was 27 tracks and I believe that to be modest.

I'm considering releasing a purely instrumental version as well, without the vocals but not immediately.  This remix is supposed to be released on an upcoming ten year annivarsary compilation album that New Concept is putting out in the next few months.  That is very nice! They are a great group of fellows and I wish them many many more years!


What next?  Well that is always a very good question and the answer?  Well, I'm back in my studio fleshing out ideas for a cd of some kind.  Which direction I will take with this is up in the air at the moment.  I do believe it may be a bit minimalist in comparison to the remix.  I'm thinking of incorporating narratives in some fashion.  So hold unto your hats... I may actually throw my own voice on something.  Scary thought tain't it?

No comments: