Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Games Without Frontiers Remix

Sadly I missed the deadline for the remix competition of Peter Gabriel's song Games Without Frontiers (only one of my many faves from him). Unfortunately for me, I found out less than a week before the deadline and as it turned out, the deadline was earlier than I realized as the judging portion of the competition was included in the final date. I am going to pick it up again and continue to finish it. I had been a bit reticent about it since I have so many other pieces of my own I would like to complete and I was afraid that missing the deadline would mean I would not be able to make it available for listening (as that IS the point isn't it? LOL! Well I found out that despite the competition has passed, I will still be able to upload a remix to the Real World site and then embed a link to it so others can stream it if they wish.

I would never make it available otherwise for fear of infringing on copyright and I have oogles amount of respect and admiration for Peter Gabriel to ignore that.

So, when it is finished I will keep all posted and provide a link so you can listen to my interpretation.

Peace,

Anthony

No comments: