Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh No Spending Money LOL


I done dit it agin!  Well I've ordered a new midi controller that I desperately needed. I'm buying the Novation X Station 61. At first I was interested in it solely because I needed something that would allow for better real time manipulation of VST's in Logic.  I really liked the fact that it had all the nobs and sliders necessary and that they where labeled in real world ways (osc 1, Lfo 1 etc.,)  Then upon further investigation I found that it has templates for virtually every VST and DAW so that I wouldn't have to map them myself.  This is a current headache with the Radium I found.  Logic is buggy in that it seems to dump mapped vsts periodically therefore it's unreliable. Although it may be user error, but I haven't found out why it does this.

Aside from the fact that it has rave reviews, and I was hard pressed to find anyone who really didn't like it - I discovered it has a pretty powerful virtual analogue synth onboard. This is truly unique in a midi controller.  Upon hearing demos I found it to be pretty impressive - similar to earlier analogue synths of the 70's and 80's.   It was totally unexpected, but it is going to be nice to have something to physically manipulate after all this time working with a mouse.

No comments: