Saturday, August 02, 2008

It Has Been A Very Long Time

It has been a terribly long time since posting.  Life has been busy, graduated and got married to my love of my life - an art has taken a turn or more or less a down turn.  I've moved a bit away from visual work and have been working on audio and sound.  Music concrete and ambient work along the vein of Eno perhaps.  I'm listening to "Not Yet Remembered' of Plateaux of Mirrors by him and it is captivating and minimalist in it's composition.

My problem (and their always is) is my own insecurities and not really knowing how to proceed.  Graduation has flung me out into the world with no structure.  Being terribly shy and pretty much a recluse I don't get out much.  I suppose this piece by Eno has me thinking a bit about that.

Art is a struggle and it is work - I know that.  What I need is to be more disciplined and perhaps a little good fortune to help me along.

I'll be working tonight, but I intend to do some work during the next three days off.

No comments: