Friday, March 17, 2006

MY HUBBY IS GOING TO R.I.T.!


Wooooohooooo my hubby was accepted to Rochester Institute of Technology today!!! I'm soooo proud of him. He's been waiting to hear back from them after sending his portfolio in a month ago. He was all nervous and doubtful... silly boy! Everything he does is amazing (dat's why he's my hubby)!!! Click his image to visit his blog!

I'm almost finished with a photo project for M.O.C.H.A and I am really happy with a lot of the shots of some of the kids that were there. They were incredibly photogenic! The experience peaked an interest in portriature. There is something in capturing a person's essence. I just wonder how much of what we think that essence is, really isn't us reading into the images our own projections. Unfortunately I can't provide examples of some of the shots due to the confidential nature of the organization.


Another topic. . . Falling in love with an image. What a strange occurance which leaves me feeling empty an sad. I've fallen in love with this image that I'm hoping to include in my final project. I guess it's the issue of images being a dime a dozen these days. We are an oversaturated society of image consumers and thus, images can sometimes feel so disposable. I suppose I treat a lot of my images as if they are people. I find it hard to be dismissive about them. Yes, photography is a ceaseless activity of shooting and processing and of course one will accrue countless numbers of images. I suppose that is what saddens me sometimes. I don't want any of my little "people" to become lost amongst the crowd.

No comments: